Sunday, November 1, 2009

I am Thankful 11/01/2009

Today I am thankful that Halloween is over! I know I should start off with "family", "friends" or "my son" or "my husband", but truly, today I feel most thankful that Halloween is over.

I have described my feelings about Halloween in the past (even recently) as "indifference" rather than "dislike", but I think it is time that I own up to the fact that I really do dislike Halloween. Adding to the "indifference" is the fact that Carson really doesn't care all that much about Halloween. Where the kids really like to show off is at school and at church, and they can't wear masks or face paint to either of those places. Not that I don't get the reasoning, and I also support it, but it makes it hard to have a really awesome costume!

Also adding to the "indifference" is that Carson is getting much older. Sure, it was fun when he was 1, 2, 3 even 4 and 5 to dress him up all cute and take him around to see family members. So, next year, we are trying something different. Our friends, the Orchards, that live in Bountiful, have a Halloween party each year. We're going to go to that party and see if we can get in the spirit a little more. Here's to Halloween '10!

No comments:

Post a Comment