Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday, October 17, 2009
















A beautiful, warm Fall day. It has been very relaxing, just like a Saturday should be. The day started with a 7 mile run with my friends Crystal and Lynnel. Crystal and I are still training to run the 1/2 Marathon in Mesquite on November 21. I can't belive I ran 7 miles today! We've been running on the Provo River Trail down on "our" end, starting at the trail head by Utah Lake. It is a BEAUTIFUL trail and the Fall season only enhances it's beauty.
Today's run was really great. It's the first time I have attempted to take a water bottle (which didn't work) and also the first time I have tried Hammer Gel (or any type of energy gel). I think they are both a good idea if I am going to do longer than 6 miles, as I felt much better on my run today than last week when I didn't take water or gel.
After coming home, we did the usual chores, goofing around, being loud that we do. I love my family. We aren't perfect, far from it, but we love each other and enjoy being together. I love that Carson is old enough now to really get humor but is still young enough to not expect that I am going to try and scare him if he scares me first!
Carson went to Jessica Thurman's birthday party and Chad and I went a little wild and went to....Wal-Mart! Gotta have groceries!
Chad was nice enough to fix the flat tires on both my bike and Carsons and we went for a nice bike ride on the Provo River Trail. I had ditched my water bottle within the first 1/2 mile of the run today and couldn't find it on the way back, so we went to get it. Don't want to be a litterbug! Carson found it and picked it up for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment